February 11, 2021
Tick Tock, It’s Almost Pink Shirt Day: Video Challenge
Pink Shirt Day (February 24) is a day recognized worldwide to foster children’s healthy self-esteem, practice kindness, and to challenge bullying in all its forms.
ETT’s LGBTQI Committee is recognizing Pink Shirt Day and championing the importance of treating others with dignity and respect this year with a video challenge contest.
How to Participate
ETT members, students, and their friends and family are encouraged to take part in this challenge.
- Pick a hit song for Pink Shirt Day and create a video with a message focused on anti-bullying and standing up for anti-homophobia, anti-transphobia and inclusion within our schools and our communities.
- Be creative in your video! Use choreography, dance, lip syncing, drag, etc. Whatever you think best champions the message of the importance of inclusion and celebrates who you are!
- Upload your finished video to your social media or platform of choice.
- Send the video link by email to Joy Lachica, Executive Liaison, LGBTQI Committee, at email@example.com. Video submissions are due by February 24, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
There will be three student winners and one teacher winner announced. The videos will be posted on the ETT website.
- Music and book, theatrical, and family pizza party prizes.
- Blinkist App for teacher winners.
Celebrate Pink Shirt Day
On February 24, 2021, we encourage all ETT members to wear pink to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying.
ETT’s LGBTQI Committee is proud to celebrate teachers in their support of social justice, equity, and LGBTQI initiatives for educators and students.