ETT Members in bricks and mortar and virtual school have the Collective Agreement right to add agenda items to regularly scheduled, once a month Staff Meetings.
New Collective Agreement language, just won and effective immediately, means:
- You have the right to provide agenda items two days prior to the meeting.
- Your administrator must circulate the draft Staff Meeting agenda at least one day prior to your meeting.
- Your administrator must use best practices when conducting the meeting, which includes maintaining a speakers’ list and meeting minutes.
This language is in addition to language that already exists regarding staff meetings.
Staff meetings are to be held once per month, for no more than 75 minutes. The schedule for the monthly staff meeting must be posted for all staff within one week of the schedule being created, endeavouring to be done so through consensus with ETT Members.
- If you are in a virtual school, send your item to your virtual school administrator(s) at least two days in advance of the meeting and cc your ETT Executive Officer.
- Hold an ETT Meeting a few days prior to your Staff Meeting and decide on agenda items.
- Submit the agenda items at least two days prior to the meeting and request the draft meeting agenda from your administrator as per the Collective Agreement (24 hours prior to the Staff Meeting) and reference the new language.
- If your administrator has not provided the draft agenda as per the timelines (at least one day prior to your meeting), please contact your ETT Executive Officer. This is applicable for members in both bricks and mortar and virtual school.
- Any additional meetings outside of the instructional day, and over and above the once per month regularly scheduled staff meetings, are voluntary
- Please contact your ETT Executive Officer if any of the above is not being adhered to.
New Collective Agreement Language: Staff Meetings
Agenda items are due at least 2 days prior to the meeting from staff. The Principal or designate will circulate a draft agenda at least one day before the meeting. The Principal or designate will utilize meeting strategies which includes having a speakers’ list and meeting minutes.