Your Union Needs YOU!
As we work towards building a stronger, more engaged, high participation union, it is critical that we have Regional Organizers ready to lead. If that’s YOU, then please review the Regional Organizer Election Process.
Take an active role in YOUR union: self-nominate and become a Regional Organizer.
Members must complete the Regional Organizer Self-Nomination Form (see below) no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Duties of the Regional Organizers:
- to hold at least three (3) meetings with Union Stewards in their Ward in cooperation with their Executive Officer;
- to regularly contact and share information from the Regional Organizer meetings with the Union Stewards, and share information from Union Stewards at Regional Organizers meetings and with the Executive Officer Liaison to that Family of Schools;
- to attend and assist the Executive in organizing events such as Steward Training, Collective Bargaining meetings, attend at least two (2) General Meetings, ratification votes, preliminary submission votes, participate on task forces and other Executive initiatives;
- shall comply with the duties and responsibilities as outlined for the role of Regional Organizer at the ETFO Annual Meeting;
- to regularly attend Regional Organizer Meetings.
- ensure Ward Union Steward contact sheet is updated early in the school year, and when changes arise.
- to contact Union Stewards about the attendance and participation of members
- to make recommendations to the Executive;
- to meet at least eight (8) times per school year;
- to call additional Regional Organizer Meetings at the request of a majority of Regional Organizers.
The Regional Organizers Election Process
If there are two (2) or more self nominations within a TDSB Ward, an election shall take place. The following election process shall be used:
- A virtual meeting will be scheduled by the Executive Officer to elect a Regional Organizer. Only active ETT members from that particular TDSB Ward may participate.
- All active ETT members who work in that TDSB Ward will be eligible to vote. ETT members who work outside of the TDSB Ward are not eligible to vote in the Regional Organizer election.
- Each candidate will be allowed to make a two (2) minute speech.
- The speeches will be followed by a maximum thirty (30) minute question-and-answer period. All candidates will have equal opportunity to address any questions.
- Each nominee’s response to a question shall be no longer than one (1) minute.
- Order of speeches shall be randomly drawn before the start of the meeting.
- The Regional Organizers elections will be held sometime in June. The election will be supervised by the Executive Officer for that TDSB Ward.
- The Executive Officer for that TDSB Ward will run the election and supervise the vote.
- Votes will be conducted by secret ballot. Results will be shared immediately with all participants.
- Election results will be shared immediately with the liaison(s) to the Governance and the ETT Executive.
- In the event that no Regional Organizer is elected for a TDSB Ward, the ETT Executive will appoint a Regional Organizer.
Deadline for self-nomination is Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Self-nomination is now closed.