Build Your Union Strong
As we continue to build a strong, high participation union, it is important to have Regional Organizers (RO) ready to lead.
Following the RO election process in June, there are currently RO vacancies in the following three wards: Ward 6, Ward 17, and Ward 20.
As per the ETT Constitution and Bylaws, ETT will now be accepting self nominations from interested ETT members in schools in these wards.
*In the event that no Regional Organizer is elected for a TDSB Ward, the ETT Executive will appoint a Regional Organizer.
Take an active role in YOUR union: self-nominate and become a Regional Organizer.
Click here to find out if your school is in one of these wards.
The Organizer Training is a prerequisite for the role and training will be provided.
Make sure to update your personal email in your MemberHub profile.
Members must complete the Regional Organizer Self-Nomination Form (see below) no later than Wednesday, September 21, 12:30 p.m.
Duties of the Regional Organizers:
- to hold at least three (3) meetings with Union Stewards in their Ward in cooperation with their Executive Officer;
- to regularly contact and share information from the Regional Organizer meetings with the Union Stewards, and share information from Union Stewards at Regional Organizers meetings and with the Executive Officer Liaison to that Family of Schools;
- to attend and assist the Executive in organizing events such as Steward Training, Collective Bargaining meetings, attend at least two (2) General Meetings, ratification votes, preliminary submission votes, participate on task forces and other Executive initiatives;
- shall comply with the duties and responsibilities as outlined for the role of Regional Organizer at the ETFO Annual Meeting;
- to regularly attend Regional Organizer Meetings.
- ensure Ward Union Steward contact sheet is updated early in the school year, and when changes arise.
- to contact Union Stewards about the attendance and participation of members
- to make recommendations to the Executive;
- to meet at least eight (8) times per school year;
- to call additional Regional Organizer Meetings at the request of a majority of Regional Organizers.
*ETT Constitution and Bylaws (Section 6.2.3) In the event that no Regional Organizer is elected for a TDSB Ward, the ETT Executive will appoint a Regional Organizer.
Self-Nomination Form is now closed.