January 13, 2022
ETT 2022 Excellence in Teaching Equity Award
ETT ‘s Anti-racism, Equity and Social Justice Committee [ARESJ] strives continuously to fulfill our mission of honouring, supporting, and celebrating excellence in teaching equity. It is our goal to promote a positive image of teaching and to ensure that equity in education is an integral part of our profession. This award recognizes two individuals who have contributed much in the area of equity and social justice by:
- Educating members about cultural, racial, ethnic and religious diversity within the education community
- Promoting teaching as a career for under-represented groups in society
- Promoting strategies with students and staff to ensure that school-based activities are inclusive
- Encouraging the development of bias-free curriculum materials
The Committee is looking to honour up to two teachers who have made a significant difference in the lives of students, educators, schools, and communities. We hope that you will assist us in celebrating teaching excellence by either self-nominating or nominating another ETT educator who, in your opinion, deserves to be recognized for their work in equity and social justice. The two winners of this year’s Award will receive $150.00 cheque each, sponsored by the Elementary Teachers of Toronto.
The award will be presented at ARESJ’s 2022 IDERD event on March 24.
ETT’s ARESJ Committee’s Excellence in Teaching Equity Award recognizes an educator who has made outstanding contributions and excelled in promoting equity in teaching. Such educator would have demonstrated many of the following criteria over time, but not limited to:*
- Involvement in school initiatives
- Involvement in community initiatives
- Bringing positive awareness of anti-racism issues to others
- Affecting lives of students, teachers and community in a positive way
- Initiating club(s), workshop(s) and/or community involvement with an equity focus
- Positive leadership and role-modeling for others
- Having a positive attitude towards diversity that brings about harmony
- Working collaboratively and inspiring others on equity & social justice projects
*The above-named qualities are only intended as suggestions for consideration when nominating an individual for this award. In no way should it be seen as a finite list.
Nominations must be received at the ETT office either by fax, email or through the Board mail by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 4, 2022. Nominations arriving after the said date and time will not be accepted.
Click here to download the information and nominator form.
Please send your nominations to:
Kwabena Frimpong, ETT Executive Liaison,
Anti-Racism, Equity and Social Justice Committee
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 300, Route NE14
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
or Fax: 416.393.9929.