August 11, 2020
Regional Organizer Candidates – 2020-2021
The following are the Regional Organizer candidates for the 2020-2021 school year, by Ward.
Elections will be held as per the Regional Organizers Election Process (outlined below) in the Wards where there is more than one candidate.
|Wards||Regional Organizer Candidates|
|Ward 1||Kristyn Owers|
|Ward 1||Christopher Nedell|
|Ward 2||Clint Wilson (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 3||No Candidate|
|Ward 4||Mike Martin (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 5||Valerie Barney-Matheson|
|Ward 5||Valarie Taitt|
|Ward 5||Jing Zhao|
|Ward 5||John Crunkleton|
|Ward 6||Lori Steinberg (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 7||Elizabeth McLean|
|Ward 7||Janis Cadieux|
|Ward 7||Emily Macklin|
|Ward 7||Stephen Gartshore|
|Ward 8||Francesca Piccione (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 9||Dottie Irvine|
|Ward 9||Ellen D'Heureux|
|Ward 10||Kimberley Fry|
|Ward 10||Diana Andrews|
|Ward 11||Chi Hang (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 12||Seth Cole (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 13||Farzana Karmali|
|Ward 13||Karen Jutzi|
|Ward 14||Charles Gibbs|
|Ward 14||Heather Metheven|
|Ward 14||Adam Poole|
|Ward 15||Michael Jursic|
|Ward 15||Simon Francis|
|Ward 15||Adrienne Plumley|
|Ward 16||Jennie Boutiller|
|Ward 16||Cynthia McCarrey|
|Ward 16||Matthew Long|
|Ward 17||Jacqueline Cooper (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 18||Erin Heagle (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 19||Marcia Thompson|
|Ward 20||Karen Boulos (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 21||Shawn Adams (Acclaimed)|
|Ward 22||Roger Beal (Acclaimed)|
Duties of the Regional Organizers
- to hold at least three (3) meetings with Union Stewards in their Ward in cooperation with their Executive Officer;
- to regularly contact and share information from the Regional Organizer meetings with the Union Stewards, and share information from Union Stewards at Regional Organizers meetings and with the Executive Officer Liaison to that Family of Schools;
- to attend and assist the Executive in organizing events such as Steward Training, Collective Bargaining meetings, attend at least two (2) General Meetings, ratification votes, preliminary submission votes, participate on task forces and other Executive initiatives;
- shall comply with the duties and responsibilities as outlined for the role of Regional Organizer at the ETFO Annual Meeting;
- to regularly attend Regional Organizer Meetings.
- ensure Ward Union Steward contact sheet is updated early in the school year, and when changes arise.
- to contact Union Stewards about the attendance and participation of members
The Regional Organizers Election Process
If there are two (2) or more nominations within a TDSB Ward, an election shall take place. The following election process shall be used:
- A meeting will be scheduled to elect a Regional Organizer. Only active ETT members from that particular TDSB Ward may participate.
- All active ETT members who work in that TDSB Ward will be eligible to vote. ETT members who work outside of the TDSB Ward are not eligible to vote in the Regional Organizer election.
- Each candidate will be allowed to make a two (2) minute speech.
- The speeches will be followed by a maximum thirty (30) minute question-and-answer period. All candidates will have equal opportunity to address any questions.
- Each nominee’s response to a question shall be no longer than one (1) minute.
- Order of speeches shall be randomly drawn before the start of the meeting.
- The vote will be held by September 18, 2020 and will be supervised by the Executive Officer for that TDSB Ward.
- The Executive Officer for that TDSB Ward will run the election and supervise the vote.
- Votes will be conducted by virtual secret ballot. Results will be shared immediately with all participants.
- Election results will be shared immediately with the liaison(s) to the Governance Committee and the ETT Executive.
- In the event that no Regional Organizer is elected for a TDSB Ward, the ETT Executive will appoint a Regional Organizer.