May 31, 2019
ETT and ETFO Celebrate Pride Month
ETT joins with the LGBTQI community, labour and social justice organizations, and people of all cultures and backgrounds in celebrating Pride Month.
Toronto Pride Month 2019 begins Friday, June 1, 2019, and features 23 days of activities and events, culminating in a weekend festival running from Friday, June 21, 2019 to Sunday, June 23, 2019, in which ETT and ETFO will be participating.
A contingent of ETT members will be marching in the Nuit Rose Light Parade on Saturday, June 15, 2019, the Trans March on Friday, June 21, 2019, and in the Dyke March on Saturday, June 22, 2019 (registration coming soon).
ETT members are also invited to volunteer at the ETFO booth in the Pride Toronto StreetFair and to join ETFO participants in the Pride Parade on Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Continuing with tradition and in support of the LGBTQI community, all ETT media (logos, social media accounts, enewsletters, etc.) has been revamped with Pride theming for the duration of Pride Month.
Pride is an important recognition of our diversity and inclusivity. All ETT members are encouraged to take part in ETT and ETFO Pride events and to make celebrating Pride a part of their classroom.
Join ETT and ETFO in Celebrating Diversity with Toronto Pride Events
- Nuit Rose Light Parade on Saturday, June 15 2019 (Wear or carry a light-emitting object and join attendees at Alexander Street Parkette at 8:30 p.m.)
- Trans March on Friday, June 22, 2019 (Before the march the ETT LGBTQI Committee will be hosting a social event at the Bishop and the Belcher starting at 5:00 p.m. Registration required.)
- Dyke March (registration coming soon)
- Help host the ETFO booth at the Pride Toronto StreetFair on Saturday, June 22 and/or Sunday, June 23, 2019
- March in the ETFO contingent in the Toronto Pride Parade on Sunday, June 23, 2019.